The Omega-3 fatty acids EPA and DHA are essential for good health. Yet there are very many people who do not reach the recommended amount of Omega-3. The advice is to eat fish once a week, preferably oily fish. If you do not reach this, it is best to use fish oil as an alternative. In fact, a spoonful of fish oil contains as much Omega-3 as over half a herring. Not only is it best to use fish oil, capsules are also a good and healthy alternative. A spoonful of fish oil contains as much Omega-3 as 3 to 6 capsules.
Fish oil contains high levels of EPA and DHA. Omega-3 EPA and DHA are good for heart function (beneficial effect is obtained with daily intake of 250 mg EPA+DHA). DHA is good for brain function and vision (beneficial effect is obtained with daily intake of 250 mg DHA). In addition, Omega-3 is good for pregnant women and babies during pregnancy and breastfeeding. In children, Omega-3 stimulates brain growth. Do you want the best for yourself or your child(ren)? Fish oil (capsules) helps you get the recommended amount of Omega-3.
Which fish oil / capsules have been tested as best?
We regularly get asked which fish oil or capsules have been tested as the best. However, we cannot answer for you what the best fish oil is or what the best fish oil capsules are. What you can look out for, however, is the following:
- Is the fish oil 100% natural, with no synthetic additives?
- Are the Omega-3 fatty acids in the natural triglyceride form, as found in fish (for optimal absorption)?
- Is the fish oil sustainable with an MSC label?
- Have heavy metals, PCBs and dioxins, the toxins in fish, been removed?
- Is the fish oil in a glass bottle so that the hormone disruptors in plastic cannot get into the fish oil?
- Is the fish oil fresh and does it have a good taste? That is, it is not oxidized, has a low oxidation value and does not cause fish odor to accumulate?
- Has vitamin D been added to the oil?
So the best Omega-3 fish oil not only contains sufficient Omega-3 fatty acids, but also meets the above conditions. In any case, we at Arctic Blue want to sell only the best fish oil that we stand behind and are justifiably proud of. Made (from the fillet-cut remains) from fresh Arctic wild cod from the Barents Sea. One of the cleanest waters in the world, far away from the plastic soup in the Pacific Ocean!